Giant mouth-watering triple chocolate chunk sandwich cookies with a creamy soft marshmallow filling. One bite and you’d swear you just got them fresh from the bakery!
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups marshmallow cream
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powder sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler. For a double boiler, place some water in a large saucepan and bring to a light simmer. Place a heat-safe bowl on top of the pan and stir chocolate chips until melted. Let cool.
- Place the softened butter and sugars in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on high speed until fluffy and lighter in color. About 2-3 minutes. Mix in the melted chocolate.
- After scraping down the sides, add the egg and the vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- After turning the mixer to low speed, add the flour-cocoa mixture. Mix on low speed until just combined. Do not over mix!
- Turn off the mixer. Gently fold in the chocolate chips with a wooden spoon or spatula until combined.
- Using a 2″ cookie scoop, drop scoops about 2 inches apart. Bake for 11 minutes. Cool on the tray for about 7 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack. Completely cool before assembling the sandwich cookies.
Marshmallow Cream Cheese Filling
Add all the softened filling ingredients to a large mixing bowl, and beat until smooth and fluffy. About 2-3 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 11 minutes
Keywords: sandwich cookies, chocolate, home baker