A no-bake three layer strawberry tart. With a later of a date walnut crust, chocolate covered pretzels and strawberry custard. Topped with a walnut pretzel crumble.
What you will need
- mixing bowls
- 9.5 inch tart pan
- cookie sheet
- measuring cups and spoons
- thin tea towel or cheesecloth
- food processor
- sharp knife
- hand mixer
- cutting board
- parchment paper
- sauce pan
- rubber spatula
- almond meal
- silken tofu
- oat milk
- small pretzels
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- all-purpose flour
- brown sugar
- plant-based butter
- vanilla extract
Salted Chocolate Sauce
- 1 cup oat milk
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 ounces coursely chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
Pretzel and Chocolate Sauce Layer
- 1 cup crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup chocolate sauce
- 15–20 pitted dates
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- pinch of salt
- 16oz silken tofu (the very soft tofu for desserts)
- zest of one lemon
- 1/2 vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of finely diced strawberries
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- handfull of handc-rushed walnuts
- handfull of hand-crushed pretzels
- 3 tablespoons melted plant-based butter
The Chocolate Sauce
- In a medium sauce pan, combine the milk, dark brown sugar, maple syrup and cocoa powder. Bring to a boil on meadium heat, whisking frequently. Remove from heat and whisk in bittersweet chocolate, vanilla and salt.
- Taste, adding more maple syrup if you want it bit sweeter and more chocolate if you want it a bit thicker. The chocolate sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Separate 3/4 cup and store the rest in the refrigerator. It will last up to 3 weeks.
Chocolate sauce and pretzel layer
- Rough chop the pretzles.
- Rouhg cop the walnuts.
- Combine with the chocolate sauce.
- Set aside.
- On high speed in a food process, blend together the crust ingredients until it pulls away from the sides. The nuts should be finely processed.
- Take the tart pan disk and measure out a round piece of parchment paper and line the pan.
- Pour the crust into a tart pan and spread out covering the entire inside. Approximately a 1/2 thickness all around.
- Next, add a layer of the chocolate pretzel mixture. Spread it out over the bottom but not the sides.
- Chill the crust in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
- In a food processor, puree the filling ingredients until creamy smooth. This will take several minutes.
- Taste and add more zest if you want it a stronger lemon flavor, add more maple syrup if you want it a bit sweeter.
- Remove the crust fromt he refrigerator and spread the filling over the chocolate pretzel layer and smooth out with a rubber spatula. Place in the refirgerator and chill for 2-3 hours. The filling will thicken as it chills.
- In a small bowl, combine the crumble ingredients and spead out on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes in the oven set at 350 degrees F. Checking often. When you check the crumble, move it around with the rubber spatula.
- Remove from the oven when the crumble turns a very light brown. Let cool.
- Sprinkle the crumble over the top and serve!
Keywords: Three Layer Strawberry Chocolate Pretzel Tart