Roasted pears brushed with a cinnamon honey glaze.
- 4 Bosc pears
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 425° F
- Slice a piece off the bottom of the pears so that the pear can easily stand up. Cut the pears in half and remove the seeds.
- Place the halved pears open-face up on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes
- While the pears bake, combine the walnuts, honey and cinnamon in the small bowl.
- Remove pears from oven and coat the top with the cinnamon honey mixture. Save the the extra cinnamon honey for later.
- Roast for 5-10 minutes longer until soft to the touch.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, fresh whipped cream and drizzle of the left over cinnamon honey.
- Before the second bake, glaze with the cinnamon honey and sprinkle on crumbly blue cheese for a savory element. You can also try sharp cheddar cheese too!
- You can use any pear. I prefer a bosc pear because to me it’s more stable and won’t come out mushy. Nothing wrong with warm mushy pears though!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bosc pears, maple syrup, cinnamon, glaze, roast