In they’ve been coming out so delicious. I starting to incorporate more plant-based ingredients into my diet. Not 100% but definitely more. I and truly enjoying figuring out creative ways to prepare plant-based meals and desserts. I mean, chia seeds and oat milk (or any milk) and you get this thick creamy pudding. If that isn’t simple, I don’t know what is.
I’ve been on this plant-based pudding kick lately. I’ve been making both tofu and chia seed pudding and coming out so delicious. I starting to incorporate more plant-based ingredients into my diet. Not 100% but definitely more. I and truly enjoying figuring out creative ways to prepare plant-based meals and desserts. I mean, chia seeds and oat milk (or any milk) and you get this thick creamy pudding. If that isn’t simple and delicious, I don’t know what is.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- This is like a one stop shop for super nutrients. Chia seeds contain a plethora of vitamins and minerals such as anti-oxidants, fiber, protein and Omega-3 fatty acids.
- The blue agave, fruit and dried dates adds a simple yet complex layering of flavor that will make you float on air after the first bite.
- Chia seeds
- Oat milk
- Vanilla extract
- Agave syrup
Mixed Berry Compote
- Maple or agave syrup
- Arrowroot powder
- Medjool dates
- Oat bran
- Rolled oats (not instant or quick oats)
- Flax seeds
- Walnuts or almonds
- Almond meal
- Shredded coconut
- Maple or agave syrup
- Sea salt
- For the absolute freshest parfaits, assemble them just before you serve.
- Keep a watchful eye on the granola as it bakes. The granola can easily over bake.
HOW TO MAKE MIXED BERRY & GRANOLA CHIA PUDDING STEP BY STEP
Step 1 – Combine the oat milk, chia seeds, vanilla and agave syrup in a bowl. Set aside.
Step 2 – Add the granola ingredients to a mixing bow and mix well. Spread out on a parchment lined tray and bake. Cool.
Step 3 – Add the compote ingredients to a sauce pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Cool.
Step 4 – Assemble your parfaits!
RECIPE TIPS AND TRICKS
Like with any yummy parfait, always assemble them just about before you serve them. That way the layers wont spread out.
STORAGE AND REHEATING
- The granola can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container or baggie. The granola will last up to a week.
- The compote and the chia pudding can be stored separately. They will last several days stored inside of an airtight container.
ADDITIONS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
- This gorgeous parfait pairs well with fresh whipped cream topping.
- Substitute the berries with your favorite fruits. A Granny Smith apple compote would be so yummy with this parfait.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What should I do if the chia pudding is too runny?
- Add about two teaspoons to the pudding, mix well and let stand for a few more hours. This will remedy the liquified pudding.
OTHER (RECIPES) YOU’LL LOVE
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE BLOCK GRAPHIC WITH – PLEASE GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW OR TAG @EATINGAFTERCHEMO ON INSTAGRAM – IT HELPS ME SO MUCH! SUBSCRIBE HERE AND FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, TWITTER AND PINTEREST!Print