A smooth, silky, and buttery homemade caramel sauce made with sugar, butter, and heavy cream.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon fine coarse sea salt
- Place the sugar inside of a deep and wide heavy-bottom saucepan over medium heat.
- Continuously stir the sugar until it begins to clump.
- Continue to stir the clumpy sugar until it liquefies and turns a light amber color.
- Now add the room-temp butter, whisking until the butter has been incorporated.
- Remove from heat and add the heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and salt. Whisk until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Strain into a clean heat safe bow while the caramel is still hot.
- Allow caramel to cool for a few minutes. Then transfer to a heat-safe airtight container. Enjoy!