With all of my yogurt treats, I always use plain Greek yogurt and then add ingrdients like lemon or lime zest to freshen it up. With my Strawberry Lemon Yogurt Parfait I went a little further by adding a smidge of vanilla extract and honey. WOWSA!
For those of us who are going through cancer treatments or post-chemo, these yogurt parfaits can be gentle on the stomach. However, like with chemo and any foods, it’s process of elimination until you reach those foods that agrees with your body.
When you want a special treat and you don’t feel like being too involved, this yogurt parfait is the perfect option. The perfect healthy option too! Fresh strawberries, lemons, vanilla and honey are the missing links to this delectable dessert.
The ingredients you’ll need for this Strawberry Lemon Yogurt Parfait
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Fresh strawberries
- Rolled oats
How to make a Strawberry Lemon Yogurt Parfait
- Greek yogurt: I prefer a thicker consistency when it comes to Greek yogurt, and I only get plain. Plain Greek yogurt is like an empty canvas, and you can pain whatever your heart’s desire.
- Strawberries: Fresh ripe strawberries is your best option. Slice them into cross-sections or chop into small pieces.
- Lemons: If I could put lemon into everything, I would. Although, I don’t think my coffee would appreciate it!
- Vanilla: A pure vanilla extract helps to amplify the lemons and strawberries. Think of it as vanilla being the cheerleader of the parfait.
- Honey: Mix some honey into the yogurt, and over the parfait, makes this treat irresistible.
- Crumple: I made a quick crumble. Actually, crumble is very easy and fast to make. All you need it butter, flour, sugar, rolled oats and cinnamon.