A moist, super lemony lemon loaf drizzled with lemon icing.
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt, room temperature
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, or as much as needed for the consistency you desire
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and lightly flour a 9×5 loaf pan. Set aside.
- To a large bowl, add the eggs, sugar Greek yogurt, and whisk vigorously until smooth.
- Slowly drizzle in the oil while whisking to combine.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon or almond extract and whisk until combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt and stir until just combined careful not to overmix. There will be some small lumps and will dissolve during baking.
- Pour the batter into the greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes until top is domed and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- If necessary, you can cover the top with a foil tent to prevent over browning.
- Allow loaf to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
The lemon icing
- In a medium bowl, add the suagr and lemon juice, mix until smooth. Play around with consistency by adding lemon juice to the sugar a little at a time. I prefer a thicker icing.
- Drizzle the icing over the lemon loaf and serve!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lemon, loaf, cake, lemon zest, lemon icing