A creamy buttery blueberry bar with layers of cheesecake, fresh blueberries, and a crumble topping. Perfect as an after dinner dessert or sharing with friends over coffee and conversation.
Crust and Topping
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), chilled and cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon zest and 3 tablespoons juice from one lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 inch pan with parchment paper (see photo above)
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. With a fork or pastry cutter, mix in the chilled butter until the mixture resembles coarse sand. Press 2/3 of the dough firmly onto the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together the softened cream cheese, and sugar until combined. Beat in the eggs, lemon juice, and zest until combined,
- Pour the cheesecake batter over the crust, and smooth out.
- Sprinkle the fresh blueberries over the cheesecake batter.
- Pinch small pieces of the remaining dough, and press them into the top of the blueberries.
- Bake for 55 minutes. The top should turn a very light golden color.
- Cool for 15 minutes before serving.