Donuts and Oreos is one unique sweet treat mash-up! This is a soft, moist, deeply rich baked chocolate donut with crushed Oreo cookies. And that icing! A smooth vanilla icing with crushed Oreos sprinkled on top.
Who can eat just a few Oreo cookies? I try! I tell myself that I will only eat a few, but if you’re like me, you start with one and then comments later, you realize you have finished a whole row. Then add a baked glazed donut to the mix, and you have all things sparkly and unicorny! A perfect treat for breakfast or with afternoon coffee, or let’s face it, you can indulge any ole time of day!
Why you will love these cookies and cream Oreo donuts.
- The 8-minute donut: You want it when you want it, right? It takes minutes to mix the ingredients and literally only 8 minutes of bake time. Say, what?
- It’s essentially your one-bowl dessert recipe: Ok, I fibbed a little. I like to mix all my dry ingredients together first in a separate bowl. However, feel free to mix it all together in one bowl. Just be careful not to over-mix the batter.
- Double the recipe: You can double or triple this recipe, and the donuts will still come out perfectly!
Who doesn’t have Oreo cookies hanging out in their pantry? Ok, maybe not always because they go so fast. These donuts require the simplest of ingredient. Here is what you’ll need:
- Cocoa powder
- Brown sugar
- Mini Oreo cookies
- Powdered sugar
- Heavy cream
For the perfect baked donuts, I have provided step-by-step instructions to help you breeze through this recipe:
For complete instructions and a list of ingredients for this….. scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of this page.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet into the dry, and mix until you still see little dry streaks.
- Gently fold in the crushed Oreo cookies.
- Transfer the batter to a piping bag or zip lock bag with a hole cut out at the corner.
- Pipe the batter into the milds about 2/3 of the way up.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Completely cool.
- While you’re waiting for the donuts to cool, prepare the icing.
- Mix together the icing ingredients until combined.
- Dip the tops of the donuts and place them on a drying rack.
- Sprinkle with crushed Oreos!
- I always mix together the dry ingredients first. This way, it ensures the least amount of mixing time for soft, moist donuts.
- Sprinkle the crushed Oreos onto the donuts while the glaze is still wet to ensure that the Oreos stick and do not slide off.
- Be sure not to overtake these donuts. It’s ok if there are crumbs on the toothpick you inserted. They will continue to bake as they cool.
What if I don’t have white vinegar?
That’s totally o! You can use apple cider vinegar if that is what you have on hand.
Can I double the recipe?
YES! You will get the correct measurements with just the click of a button. You will see this feature on the recipe card above.Print