Biting into one of these Cadbury mini egg brownies is like biting into the fudgiest brownie you have ever eaten! These brownies are super moist and fudgy. Made with brown sugar, butter, and melted semi-sweet chocolate. Oh, and with lots of LOVE!
If anyone knows me, they know just how much I love milk chocolate. I mean, it’s chocolate!! Honestly, it’s difficult to resist popping these mini eggs into your mouth while preparing these brownies. These brownies will make the perfect Easter dessert or kick-start Spring!
Ingredients for Cadbury Mini Egg Brownies
To make these yummy brownies, I added in more melted chocolate and less cocoa powder. These are a few of the basic ingredients you’ll need:
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Chocolate chips
- Vanilla extract
- Cadbury mini eggs
How to make Robin Egg Brownies
These pretty brownies are so easy to make. This recipe is straightforward, but let’s walk through it step-by-step before you get started:
Step 1: Microwave the sugar and butter in 30 second increments and stir until glossy. It will still be grainy.
Step 2: Place the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 15-minute increments.
Step 3: Allow too cool a little. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Add the cocoa powder and vanilla extract and mix well.
Step 4: Fold in the flour until just barely combined. No flour can be seen. Do not over mix.
Tips for the best Robin Egg Brownies
This brownie recipe is pretty easy. So, to ensure you get the best fudgiest brownies, follow these suggested tips:
- Do not overbake these brownies. Pull them out of the oven while they are still a little underbaked. When you insert a toothpick and it comes out a little wet with some crumbs, this will be the perfect time to pull them out of the oven. Remember, brownies will continue to bake as they cool. Ssshhh…that’s a secret!
- Typically, if you are not adding any extras to the brownies, and you want that shiny crackle top brownies are known for, be sure to incorporate enough air while beating in the eggs.
- Do not over mix when you’re adding the dry ingredients. It’s essential that you gently fold in the dry ingredients. It’s ok if you see a tiny bit of flour.
How to store brownies
- These brownies do very well in the freezer. Wrap them in plastic and then place them inside of a zip lock bag for optimal freshness. They will last up to 2 months in the freezer.
- If you plan to serve them the same day, they can stay out at room temperature, covered in plastic wrap.