A truly beautiful buttery banana braed cupcake with warm notes of cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 large ripe bananas (about 1 1/2 cups of mashed bananas)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Optional: 1 cup Walnuts, pecans or chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or a well-greased pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
- Mash up the bananas in a large mixing bowl. Be sure the mashed bananas are chunky and not smooth. Set aside.
- With a hand mixer on medium, beat together the melted butter and brown sugar until well combined.
- Beat in the bananas, vanilla, and milk until just combined.
- Gently fold in the dry ingredients until combined. Make sure not to over mix. It’s ok if you see a little of the flour still. When you fold in your additions, the batter will come together. If you choose not to add any extras, just fold in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Add the batter to the muffin liners using a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop.
- Bake at 425°F for 5 minutes. Then lower the heat to 350°F and bake for 15-17.minutes. When an inserted toothpick comes out clean, they are done.
- Enjoy frosted or as is!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Keywords: cupcake, banana bread, cinnamon, dessert